The Science of Laser Therapy
Laser therapy uses light to favor and accelerate the body’s natural healing processes. The laser beam is moved over the skin so that the light energy (photons) penetrates the tissue where it interacts with various molecules (chromophores) that cause different biological effects.
MLS Laser Therapy, through extensive research, has optimized all relevant factors in a
Therapeutic Laser providing revolutionary results in considerably reduced treatment times while maintaining complete patient safety.
The Patented MLS impulse is the direct result of nearly three decades of world-class research.
Only MLS, as a specific impulse, has been through the Gold Standard of clinical validation:research beginning with in vitro, proceeding to in vivo studies, and finally, multiple successful multi-patient university level clinical trials – all of which have been published. Our clinical research does not include citation of other generalized LLLT research as validation. All studies have been conducted using device specific research, as well as comparative trials to traditional methods of energy delivery. No other Class IV platform in LLLT has the level of modality-specific clinical validation that MLS has – quite literally over twice the research and supporting clinical trials of any current first generation Class IV device.
The departments of Biology at both the University of Turin (Italy) and the University of Padova (Brazil), as well as the Department of Anatomy and the Orthopedic Clinic at the University of Padova have studied and verified the remarkable effectiveness of MLS Laser Therapy.
The quality, efficiency and safety of MLS devices are approved by the American FDA. The MLS impulse and delivery system are fully patented.
Technical Features of the M6
The distinctive feature of the M6 is the innovative multi-target function. Thanks to the features of the exclusive MLS multidiodic optical group, a wide area is treated instantaneously producing an immediate response from treated tissues. The results are therefore better and faster than with traditional laser therapy.
- Robotized optical group with 3 MLS sources
– power up to 3.3 W
- 5 cm diameter target area highlighted by high-efficiency red light LEDs
- Back-lit graphic touch-screen display
- Simultaneous management of two independent channels
- Programs for each channel:
- 30 pre-set and adjustable programs
- 75 editable and storable programs
- 1 specific program with frequency variation
- continuous and pulsed MLS modulation
- MLS pulse modulation frequency from 1 to 2000 Hz with 1 Hz steps
- Power level 50% and 100%
- Variable or fixed duty cycle
- treatment duration from 1” to 99’59” with 1” steps
- automatic calculation of the emitted energy according to the set parameters
CALL FOR AN APPOINTMENT TODAY
What is the Science?
Modern science has shown that specific wavelengths of laser light have particularly strong healing properties. Cellular tissue repair and pain reduction can occur by focusing laser light on affected body areas at frequency levels of between 600nm and 1,000rim (nanometers).
It's Not Magic ... It's True Healing!
What does Therapeutic Laser Light Therapy Do?
- Increased Vascularity (circulation) by increasing the formation of new capillaries. New capillaries speed up healing by supplying additional oxygen and nutrients needed for healing.
- Stimulate the production of collagen. Collagen is the most common protein found in the body. Collagen is needed for repair in replacing damaged tissue. Increasing collagen production will decrease scar tissue at the injured site.
- Stimulate the release of ATP. ATP is the major carrier of energy to all cells. Increases in ATP allow cells to readily accept nutrients and expel waste products faster by increasing the energy level in the cell. All food turns into ATP before it is utilized by the cells. ATP provides the chemical energy that drives the chemical reaction of the cell.
- Increase lymphatic system activity. Research has shown that the lymph vessel diameter and flow of the lymph system can be doubled with the use of light therapy.
- Increased venous diameter and increased arterial diameter occurs during light therapy.
- Increased RNA and DNA synthesis. This helps damaged cells to be replaced more promptly.
- Reduce the excitability of nerve tissue. The photons of light energy enter the body as negative ions. This requires the body to send positive ions, calcium among others, to flow to the area being treated. These ions assist in regulating the nerves, there by relieving pain.
- Stimulate fibroblastic activity which aids in the repair process. Fibroblasts are present in connective tissue and are capable of forming collagen fibers.
- Increase phagocytosis, which is the process of scavenging for and ingesting dead or degenerated cells by the phagocyte cells. This is an important part of the infection control process. The healing process depends upon the destruction of infection and the cleanup of cellular debris.
- Induce a thermal effect in the tissue. Laser light raises the temperature of the cells although there is no heat produced from the laser light diodes themselves.